Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Film: Pan's Labyrinth comes to Brownsville


pan's_labyrinth
Originally uploaded by
gold_teeth.

I don’t believe it. Pan’s Labyrinth is coming to Brownsville this Friday. First Children of Men and now this!

Pan's was released nationwide in December, but like a lot of smaller or independent movies, it has yet to play anywhere near Brownsville. I'm sure the film is expanding to our market simply because it's making a lot of money, like a few other well-received indie films out right now. I hope this is a trend that continues. It’s about time the local Cinemark screened some quality, non-Hollywood films. (I’m not boasting, but I can’t help but think that this might have something to do with this little article)

I can’t wait to see this film, not only because it’s one of the best reviewed of 2006, but also because I’m a fan of director Guillermo del Toro. Del Toro’s credits include The Devil’s Backbone, Cronos and Blade II, all superior and original entries into the horror/fantasy genre.

Click here for showtimes at Brownsville’s Cinemark Sunrise Mall. I’m planning on seeing Pan’s this weekend, so expect a review here soon.

Here’s a good feature about the film. Check out the trailer below.

No comments: